Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Works for me Wednesday


To make this whole blogging thing a bit easier I thought I'd hop on a few bandwagons and let more experienced bloggers pave the way. So today I will be following the lead of Rocks in My Dryer. Click here to see her list and a whole slew of other wagon hoppers:

The theme is: What Doesn't Work for Me : or Lessons Learned the Hard Way.


Generic Soda: Sooo not right! Ok, I'll give you orange or grape soda may be fine for grocery store brand.........but cola? Never! And yes, in case you were wondering, there is a difference between Coke and Pepsi, and I can tell!!!!!!! Just give this girl her Coke in a glass with ice, and nobody will get hurt.


Wireless Bras: Underwire IS the support, so I just don't get large cup sized bras without underwire.


Thong Panties: I know some of you think they da bomb, regardless of wearer's size; but I've got to tell you, I've tried them when I was tiny as well as, well, large and I find them to be nothing but the most uncomfortable piece of string up my ass!



Clogs: Perhaps this is just in response to the memories I have associated with them of my mother's choice of footwear, but everything about them are heinous to me. Even the name..... CLOOOOGGGGG. *shudder*


Fragrance Free Detergent: I'm not talking about people who have allergies, but this is all about me, right??? If you don't get detergent that smells good, you might as well go back to washing your clothes in a big tub with water or just don't use detergent at all ~ kinda like Euro's and deodorant.

Hey, this is much easier than I thought, but I could go on and on and on and I have a whole basketball team coming to dinner and I have to clean, and bake cupcakes and it's almost noon. I have walked (twice this week so far, go me!!) and grocery shopped already today. On that note I'll add just one more of What Doesn't Work For Me:


Complaining Janes: You know, the people who find fault with everyone and everything! This was a fun little blurb, but I really do try to look on the bright side of things. I certainly don't want to be a Debbie Downer (am I showing my age again with that reference??) So here's to putting a glow on the rest of your day!

What are some things that don't work for you?????????

4 comments:

The McCanns said...

Ewwww Coke! I'm a pepsi girl, but you know...I actually like generic cola. Gross, I know. But, Girl...I'm with you on the thongs. My husband is obsessed with them, so I told him HE could wear them! I'm new to blogging too. Check out my "not yet awesome" blog @ mynocryzone.blogspot.com

Edi said...

I totally agree on the generic soda. If I am desperate and generic is all they have where I am visiting - I'll take it. But come on. Generic soda isn't that much cheaper than name brand - so please spend the extra 10 cents and get the good stuff. Yes - totally - especially for Coke/Pepsi. I love them both...Coke is best in a can - Pepsi is best in a 2 liter bottle.

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

The term 'Debbie Downer' doesn't work for me, sorry! And I'm with you on the Coke thing...preferably Vanilla Coke, which is getting harder and harder to find - and that doesn't work for me, either!

And thanks for commenting on my blog!

Karen said...

There are so many things that do not work for me...which is perhaps an issue. :-) Today I realized that ugly stamps for $0.42 do not work for me. The cute stamps are still $0.41. This means that I need to buy the 41 cent stamps and an additional 1 cent stamp. Why can't they make cute flowered stamps that are 42 cents? It is just not working for me today.