Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SPT Challenge: Something New

Amuse-Bouche hosts a weekly challenge entitled She Photographs on Tuesday (SPT). Here's the gist(as I understand it): She gives you a topic and you interpret that through photography. I am excited as I got a new camera and still need practice using it.

This Tuesday the directive is Something New.

I offer you: A Brand- Spanking New Twelve Year Old





This is my oldest child, Bugaboo who turned 12 at 12:08 this morning.

In 1996 my water broke around 2 in the morning on Mother's Day. I was so excited; I was about to become a mother on Mother's Day. My father was also born on a Mother's Day. Can I tell ya, I got robbed!!??!!! That kid waited until Mother's Day was over and gave himself an extra 8 minutes to make sure to rob me of my first Mother's Day.



But who can be mad at such a cutie??!!??


I can't even call him a procrastinator as he was born two weeks early. He just likes to do things his way. He's a planner and a list maker. He likes things to be fair and just. He loves to reach out to the underdogs. He helps everyone. He has a great sense of humor and loves to read. He plays baseball, basketball, football, and golf. He's showing us glimpses of the man he will be. He makes us proud!


Happy Birthday, Bugaboo!

To see what other bloggers did for this week's SPT challenge; click here:

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a great story and special young man. Happy birthday to him!

Rachael said...

Great creative idea on your something new! I love it!

Bren's Life said...

Happy Birthday! What a cute SPT. It sounds like you have a great kid there.. I'm sure it's because he has a great mom!

Dacia said...

What a cute kid. Love the story. Sounds like a wonderful son!

Valarie Lea said...

Thats sweet :) My youngest will be 8 tomorrow. He was born on Mothers Day in 2000. It was the best Mothers Day present ever.

Melanie said...

so sweet, that is one of the sentimental posts that always make me cry.

The Buntens said...

Very handsome young man!

Happy Birthday to him and Happy Mother's Day to you!

marky said...

What a cutie!! great story.. Happy Birthday to your 12 yo. I have a soon to be 12 yo daughter.

Keeper Of All Things said...

Thats a great pic.

Alisa said...

Fun idea for the "new!"
Love the tub shot!

Unknown said...

welcome to spt!! i love that you included your son in this post.

hope to be "seeing" a lot more of you.