Friday, May 29, 2009

Inspiration or Copycat?

Shabby Nest is hosting another party and I really want to go but don't have anything to wear.

Actually, it's more that I haven't taken many pictures of anything I've done.
Yet again.

However, I have this one thing I could pull together......
But will it be viewed as having inspiration or being a copycat?
(I'm crossing my fingers for your vote of inspiration!)

I have this built in. The shelves are slightly less deep the higher you go. I've piled on the obligatory family pictures over the years but have never been happy with the way it looked.

What's a girl to do? I was stuck.

With no extra money in the budget to buy extras like the good toilet paper, I was surely not able to redecorate anything.

And then as I was paging through a magazine (sorry, probably Cottage living, but I don't remember which one) I saw a bookshelf with all white dishes.


Wait a minute.


I have white dishes. Lots of them.


So I quickly pulled all those pictures down, and started real *frugal* like, shopping my house for what I already had.


Not great quality picture.......but I'm still in my pj's.
I told you I didn't have anything to wear to the party.

Meanwhile head over to the party. Go as you are. I'm sure you'll find real inspiration and then you can ask yourself if you are a copycat or not.

19 comments:

Wendy said...

I ADORE white dishes...everywhere! And better when they're already yours! Great job!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

You can never go wrong with white dishes, you can even paint just the background of each shelf a darker shade, matching the rest of the room, so your dishes will stand out even more. We have a post about a project like this you might want to check out...In the meantime enjoy your new display: very clean and chic!

Fresh Poppy Design said...

I have been wanting start a collection of white dishes. Cute post!

stephanie h said...

Love the white dishes and the best part is you didn't have to spend a dime! :)

Anonymous said...

Most of the ideas I use have been copied from someone. That's what blogging is for, isn't it?

Love the look of the white plates!

BlueCastle said...

Oh! That's beautiful! Love it. :)

Jeanette said...

I love shopping in my house. So fun. And cute shelves. Love the white dishes. You've inspired me. I'm gonna go shopping right now, and the best part is I don't even have to get dressed.
And thanks for the award. That was so sweet of you. I love your blog! I'm adding it to my sidebar right now. Thanks again.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Thanks for visiting me today! :) I love all those white dishes!!!

TheBMillers said...

I think it looks fab - great work still in your PJs

Barbi

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love white dishes! Great job.

Unknown said...

Oh girl, good luck with that toilet paper problem!! :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE the cabinet. The white dishes look simple yet totally fabulous.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

You would never know it was free decorating - clean and classic and super cute!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Love the white dishes!

Amy

Anonymous said...

I love it! My vote goes for inspiration!

Debra said...

That turned out great! Magazines are always such an inspiration.

Jane said...

Looks great! I have white dishes too. Maybe someday I will have a nice shelf like that. Then I will be the copy cat!

MaryRC said...

white dish sister here! they're the best. especially since i get most of them at garage sales or thrift stores. way to pull it together, are you gonna leave it?

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Your shelves turned out great. I love seeing every one's frugal ideas. Even if they are a copy cat. I'm totally a copy cat. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

Pam said...

I am a lover, lover, lover of all displayed white dishes - I don't care how many other people do it. Love them. LOVE. THEM. When I get around to painting my kitchen cabinets white in the next millenium or so, I plan on taking the doors off of a couple of the cabinets so I can display my white dishes, too.

Thanks for coming by my blog and commenting with some bathroom love. (I'm a reader too. It totally grosses my hubby out!) I lived in FL for 9 years. I'm slightly curious as to where Bahama Shores is.

Have a good one!
Pam