Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WFMW: Frugal Edition: Leftovers




One of my favorite dishes is leftovers.

You read that right.

Leftovers.

I can take any leftover and add crescent rolls and cheese and make a meal we all enjoy.

Even if the kids may not have liked it in it's original form, they'll enjoy it the secondtime around :)

Here are some combos that we enjoy:

~chicken, corn, grilled onions, cheese and bbq sauce.

~ham, brocolli, cheese and brown mustard.

~shrimp, asparagus, parmesan cheese and lemon butter.

~taco meat,salsa cheese and corn.

~pot roast and all the fixins'.

~spaghetti, mozz cheese, and extra sauce.

~hot and mild sausages, grilled peppers and onions, mozz cheese and creamy italian dressing.

Get the picture????

Just take any leftover, add cheese and roll it up in two cans of cresent rolls. Doesn't matter how you do it.

It will be fantastic!

(I meant to have a picture to accompany this post, but I've been stuck tending to flu victims ~ and we are hoping it stays as just plain, jane vanilla flu!)

Head over to We are THAT Family to see other frugal ideas this wednesday.

It's my one year blog anniversary today and I'm having a giveaway! Please go enter!

6 comments:

Tami said...

3 posts in 1 day! Holy crap!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Congrats on one year! Love the tutorial list in your sidebar...i'll have to go through them all!

TheBMillers said...

Happy Blog-a-versary.. those leftovers sound tasty. I wish I was that creative with left overs.. all you get hear is another warmed up dish just like the one you had when you ate it the first time.. HA Maybe you can school me in recreating leftovers 101

Barbi

Simply Sara said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!
:)

I'm not too creative when it comes to leftovers... but now that I have your "crescent rolls and cheese" tip, leftovers may just become the dinner of choice around here!

Harper said...

Sounds like a great idea for brownbag lunches, too!

Stephanie said...

Hi there. New here and just had to comment. My kids love those crescent rolls and I can't believe I never thought to hide some left overs in them! fab idea.
Enjoyed reading your blog!
MM