Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WFMW:No excuses Exercise


It's Wednesday and I've been MIA for too long.......

It's been an extremely busy time of year in Bahama Shores, but I decided to quickly share what has been Working for Me this Wednesday. Nothin' earth shattering, but here goes anyway.

I find the best way for me to conquer any problem I'm having is to work somewhat backwards. I try to figure out where my "road blocks" per se are. When I'm lucky, I can foresee them, other times they come through trial and error. And usually more trial and error.

This is how I mastered my age old dilemma of exercise:

ROAD BLOCK:

1. I don't have the time. Ummmm, we all have the same 24 hours. Use them wisely.
2. I let any little thing pop up and delay or cancel my scheduled workout. Get up an hour early. If all you would be doing is sleeping, nothing else should interfere.
3. I am not able to consistently hold myself accountable. Badger a friend until she relents and agrees to meet you at 6 am at the local park for a two mile walk with free gossip/counseling.....whichever is needed on that day.
4. I go full force in the beginning and then burn out. Let your friend pick the days that work for her. In my case, only 3 days. You can always work up to more.
5. I'm so tired in the morning I can't find my workout clothes, let alone brush my teeth. Or exercising. Put your clock across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn it off. Put your whole outfit -bra to shoes- in the bathroom the night before. Stumble to the bathroom, pee in the dark while attempting to dress (go slow here so your don't pee on your clothes ~lesson learned). Forgo brushing teeth or hair and laugh with friend over your frugal "mace". It's dark anyway. Soon she'll be following suit. And as far as being too tired to exercise: You'll have to trust me on this one.......I swear by the halfway point of the first lap, you will be wide awake chattering away like you're coming off a ten year vow of silence.


With your next challenging issue, try putting up all the road blocks you can and knocking them down one by one. It is so empowering.


To see what is working for other bloggers this Wednesday go see We Are THAT Family.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a great friend, she sounds too good to be true!

Kristi_runwatch said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today - I loved your comment!!

You have inspired me... I was actually sitting here thinking, "I could get up tomorrow and go for a walk..." We'll see. ;)

Judy @ Frugal at Home said...

I was just thinking about getting back on track with exercise--literally, about ten minutes ago! I'm jumping back in tomorrow morning!

Thanks for visiting my blog--I really enjoy meeting other bloggers this way! :-)

Janis @ SneakPeek said...

You read my mind. I have Road Blocks up the wazoo.

Tami said...

Badgering friends are the BEST :)

Emily said...

Good tips!

Thanks for stoppin' by the blog. I have family that live in St.Pete as well. I'm jealous of your lovely weather!

purple squirrel said...

Hi~
Thanks for stopping by and commenting~ Maybe you can bring Pandora with you on your early morning walks.

Anywho... great outlook, good points~ Get RID of the roadblocks! :)
Blessings~

Sharon said...

To add to tip #5, keep a glass of water by the alarm clock! I've read that you are a little dehydrated after a night's sleep and the water helps to wake you up too. Also, you should always drink some water before working out. Three birds with one stone! Now if only I could take your advice (and mine).