Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lucky 13!

We've been married for 13 years today!


We are lucky to have any pictures at all from our wedding. We were paying for the wedding mostly by ourselves and were on a seriously tight budget. My mom's friend's father (are you still with me?) offered to be our photographer and give us the negatives as a wedding present. Yup, 13 years ago it was negatives! He said photography was his hobby. The problem: I knew him as a young girl and hadn't seen him for about 15 years. I had certainly grown up in those 15 years; but I hadn't thought about him getting older. He was old when I was a kid.......don't "elders" just stay old???? Yeah, I know that NOW, thanks. He had a few "senior moments" at the church and we didn't know any better. All the family pictures have either the bride or the groom.....but none of the bride AND groom with the families.


I look at this picture whenever I doubt the depth of my husband's love. First, I have to get over the bad 90's hair. Then I remember how it felt to be so cherished.

When we got the negatives back we noticed there were not many pictures from the reception. We didn't know what had happened until we viewed the wedding video. This time My Man had a "friend" who could tape the wedding for us. He taped high school and college games, so what could go wrong with a little wedding? Nothing, except he apparently didn't feel the need to use a NEW tape. The first 45 seconds of our cherished wedding video show the end of a high school football game!!!
Moving on! Once we watched the video it became clear why we had few pictures from our reception. Our photographer fell asleep in a chair!!!!! You get what you pay for (or don't).


I am feeling the need to share this cheesiness with all of you. This is us slipping off to our marriage bed.........then we headed for our honeymoon.




Look how happy we are.....do we look proud of ourselves? Little did we know we had just made a baby!


To My Man: I love you........all my love, all my life! Here is to many, many more love filled years!

5 comments:

Tami said...

Too cute!

Happy Anniversary!

Any more baby making??

Just kidding!

Keeper Of All Things said...

Hey----- you have the biggest shit eating grin
Get away girls he's mine!!!!! All mine

Happy Anniversary Baaaaby
I got you on my mind!!!

I'm a good singer huh?

Us4 Cats said...

hey newbie to reading your blog...

like the pictures. it is neat to look back over photos of good times and memories like that.

thanks for sharing em.

-Faith

PinkPiddyPaws said...

awwwwww.. that is just too, too cute! Almost makes me think marriage isn't so bad. ALMOST, I said. ;)

Keeper Of All Things said...

http://mntxconnection.blogspot.com/

check out thier blog!!