Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

said in my best Eddie Murphy impression (which is not very good).


I don't really do resolutions, per se but instead think about how I'd like to improve myself in the upcoming year.

~I want to be the best wife, mother and friend I can. That sounds dumb, I mean, who doesn't? But I can't not start off with that one, right?
~I'd like to treat my "work" as a homemaker as a job. I do really well and am happy while doing this, however it is easy for me to slip in this area.
~ I've lost weight this year but haven't gotten the exercise thing down. I want to change that.
~I want to continue challenging myself.
~I want to craft and improve my skills and self confidence.
~Actually, I should improve my self confidence in all areas in my life.

That's way more than I planned to write, so I'll stop now.

None are as specific as the "experts" tell you to be.

I should work on that too! LOL!

I also love the idea I've seen floating along blogland about adopting a word for yourself to focus on for the year.

I have a big birthday coming up in the next few weeks and I'll have my word chosen by then. I haven't put enough thought into it and don't want to committ without thinking about it.

What are your resolutions or words for 2009?

No comments: