1. I hate surprises.
2. I love to read.
3. I hate roses and carnations.
4. I am a Martha Stewart wannabe.
5. I am lazy. But a bit hyper. Go figure.
6. I hate the size my clothes tag say.
7. I am opinionated, however I have a hard time committing to favorites.
8. I am horrible about sending out thank you cards.........but I always think I will. I buy the cards, even write them, but don't take the time to mail them. I want to change that.
9. I love chocolate, but usually not fine chocolate. Give me an good old candy bar anyday over a truffle.
10. I am a chameleon. I usually fit in to any group of people I am around. I think it comes from moving so much when I was a child.
11. I make friends easily and I am proud of that.
12. I love to help others. Sometimes to my detriment.
13. I am a people pleaser.
14. I hate conflict and confrontation.
15. I'm not a very sentimental person.
16. I have lived in MD, FL, NH and CO.
17. I went to 16 schools but my parents were NOT in the military.
18. I love a clean house or car.
19. I hate to clean my house or car. Actually, I just hate to take the time to do it. I'd rather be doing something else. But once I get started, I don't mind it.
20. I become both motivated AND unmotivated easily.
21. I am hyper critical of those I don't know. Especially someone on TV.
22. I love Reality TV. Most of the shows I DVR fall into this category.
23. I was never a big TV watcher. Until DVR came into my life.
24. I speak of Chelsea Handler as if she was a personal friend. She cracks me up!
25. I hate going to concerts. It seems to be a waste of money to me.
26. I have season tickets to the Broadway series at the Theater. It's a bit extravagant on our budget, but I love it.
27. I am proud that my children seem to not be affected by what the Jones' have. We don't try to keep up and I've never heard them say they wish they had X like the Jones kids do.
28. I have relaxed my standards on how my kids dress in public. I used to iron everything and control what went with what. Chickiepoo had to let me do her hair before we went anywhere. I now choose my battles and wait for a "special to me" occasion when I pull the Mom card and pick out everyone's clothes and iron them and do hair. Any other time: it's fair game (as long as it matches).
29. Until this past year I was a registered Republican but usually ended up voting Democrat. I consider myself moderate and wish there was no party system.
30. I am a organizer. Want to start a club? Want to throw a party? I'm your gal.
31. I currently run a book club and a bunko group.
32. I am serving my 4th year on PTA board this year.
33. I've always wanted a large family and would have more babies if my husband would agree. And my pregnancies were healthier. And I was younger. And.......
34. I love the scent of clean. Clean laundry, Palmolive dish soap, my kids after a bath........
35. I have two signature scents I wear. One is for everyday Mom ~ vanilla and for the Sexy Mama ~Juba.
36. I don't remember much about a book after I've read it except it's title. If you can give me details or I read the summary it usually comes right back.
37. I don't read books twice.
38. I love to watch basketball, football or baseball. Live or on TV.
39. I am a pusher. Mostly a food pusher.....
40. I don't cry often or easily.
41. Sometimes I really hate my husband. Like now, when he's laughing at me doing this! Actually, I just tell him I hate him. Then he just smirks and says "no you don't". And damn it, he's right. This happens a lot.
42. I was a Pampered Chef Director. I loved the products, loved making food for people, loved the "show" I got to put on ( I went the humor route), loved helping others with their business but HATED the sales part: the follow up phone calls, etc.
43. I am an all or nothing person.
44. I'm a flylady baby who gets on and off the wagon regularly! I just call it my version of flylady.
45. We are trying to do Dave Ramsey's baby steps.
46. I can talk for hours!
47. I have super sonic ears. I can carry on a conversation with you and still get most of what is being said at the next table.
48. I read for at least 30 minutes before bed EVERY night.
49. I don't like a lot of breakfast foods.
50. I have two tunnels to my stomach. Doesn't matter how full I am after a meal ~ the dessert tunnel is always open!
51. I don't know how to take a compliment.
52. I am very critical of myself. My self esteem has never been high, but I'd like to change this.
53. I don't have many regrets. My past made me who I am.......why regret that?
54. I have a terrible potty mouth. Even in front of my children. They never repeat those words in front of us, but have told on each other a few times.
55. I will stay in my pj's in the morning until I find a reason to get dressed.
56. I only shower for a reason. I have to be going somewhere or seeing someone. Just because doesn't hit it. It's been three days and I'm gross usually does, though.
57. My dad's family was from North Carolina and I've always dreamed of living there.
58. I thought I'd end up marrying a good ole boy from the south. Instead I found a native Floridian whose family hails from Brooklyn! I never even seriously dated a good ole boy.
59. The only accent I can pull off is a southern one.
60. I am a bit hyper. I do everything super speed: talk, type, cook, think......
61. I totally take my frustrations out on my family but will mid-rant, answer the phone with a sweet hello.
62. I am doing my dream job. Growing up I only wanted to be a mom and wife, and that's what I am. I allow myself to become sidetracked at times and lose focus that I am living my dream.
63. I know most everyone feels they grew up in a dysfunctional family.........but I REALLY did! I usually bond with others when telling "my family is stranger than yours " war stories. (Most times I win)
64. I love real fires. I live in Florida, but put my fireplace on regardless of outside temperature. I refuse to decorate for the holidays without the fireplace roaring, even if I have to crank the air conditioner down to 60 degrees!
65. I have one of THOSE memories........ I remember most phone numbers, names, etc.
66. But add conflict? I can't remember who said what! My mind goes blank.
67. My mommy mind (forgetfulness) attacks when trying to remember which kid I was talking about, calling, or yelling at. I have to go through all of the names usually. Other than that ~ I'm good!
68. My desk is the epitome of organized chaos. I have stuff everywhere, but I know where it all is. I try to organize it once a week, but by the next day, it looks just like it did the day before.
69. I've taught myself to sew and love to make cute things, however I don't have confidence in my skills.
70. I want to make money but don't want to work. Anyone know of a job that fits that description? Call me.
71. I am neither a morning person or a night owl. However, when my mind is on overload I have trouble sleeping. I can't fall asleep and I get up early.
72. I can't nap during the day unless I'm pregnant.
73. I discovered the beauty of Advil PM a few months ago. I can only take it if I need to catch up on sleep or my mind is clicking away, it's before a certain time at night, and My Man is on board to get up with the baby in the morning. Ahhhh, it's some of the best sleep I've ever had.
74. I started another diet and this time I've gone farther than I've ever gone. I'm close to my goal and should meet it by my birthday.
75. My 40th birthday is in a few weeks. I can't believe it. Actually, I have a harder time that my kids are getting older. And the fact that two of my children are taller, or almost as tall as I am.........whatev!
76. I haven't been able to narrow down what I want to do to celebrate my birthday yet. A trip, a party, a nice dinner out, a girls trip???? I want it all!!!!
77. I'm like a kid in a candy store in any bookstore, fabric store, craft store, antique store, monogram boutique, tjmaxx -ish store, AND thrift store...........go figure.
78. I have a bad habit of telling people what something costs, even when they didn't ask. If they compliment me on my pants, I may say I got them at the thrift store for $2. I told you I can't take a compliment. Another thing to add to my list of what to work on.
79. I get defensive about things I can't describe well. Mostly my hobbies that My Man questions why I need to do this, or buy that, or stay up late doing it.
80. I feel like I could have several different houses and decorate each one differently. Does everyone feel like this?
81. I am a dish whore. I love dishes. I want to have Martha Stewart's pantry where she has different sets of dishes for EVERY occasion. If I had more storage, money, and a husband who wouldn't shake his head at my insanity, I'd have more than Martha. I'm just saying.
82. I don't think of myself as competitive, however my actions may say something different.
83. I only like to play if I believe I can win.
84. I never play the lotto, however I sold lotto tickets as a teenager.
85. I needed a foreign language credit to graduate from high school and I chose American Sign Language. I only took it for the one year, however I've retained so much I astound myself. Sometimes I find myself finger spelling words, thinking in signs or counting on one hand, ASL style.
86. I've had two speeding tickets in my life. The second I got just a few weeks ago. As I sit here making this part of the list, I am also taking the online driving course to reduce my fine and negate any points.
87. The test gives you 20 -55 minutes per chapter to read and answer 3-5 questions. I finish each chapter in less than 5 minutes, but have to wait for the time to expire before moving on to the next chapter. Therefore, I am multitasking ~ blogging, reading and taking a class!
88. I don't like my hair short, however with each pregnancy I've cut my hair. What is that all about? With this fourth baby I was determined not to cut it. I waited until after her first birthday, and then......yup. But, it's growing out now.
89. I have neither straight nor curly hair. It is never straight, unless I flatiron it but it isn't really curly. It's wavy, but humidity can make it curl. But not in a good way, imo. Living in Florida doesn't help that.
90. I know this is soooo 80's, but I feel like I look better with a tan. I feel skinnier, healthier and more attractive. By the way, I've been REALLY pale (for me) since before I got pregnant with Bunnyboo.
91. I have a bad habit of NOT washing makeup off my face before going to bed. I only really have it on if we've gone out and if that happens, I'm too tired to take the two minutes I know it would take to do it.
92. This list would make a good jumping off point for my New Year's Resolutions. I'd just need to take all the things I don't do well, don't like that I do or SHOULD change and......bang! There's my list!
93. I don't do well without enough sleep.
94. I'm now a caffeine free diet coke *drink straight from the can* kinda girl. Do I have to change my about me section on my blog?
95. I am very goal oriented. I wanted to finish this list so that my 100th post would naturally fall on January 1, 2009. I was gonna be short so I pushed out the remaining posts today so I'd complete this goal. Sorry if you have me on your google reader and just got slammed!
96. The only foreign countries I've traveled to are Canada and Mexico. Wow, what a typical American!
97. I have specific types of music that I like to listen to while I'm doing specific tasks. Country music is for the kitchen ~ cookin' and bakin'. Hip Hop is for dancing, exercising. Jazz is for relaxing. Classic rock is for small parties when we're walking down memory lane.
98. I don't do no fat/reduced fat anything. Except the newly addictive diet soda that fits in my diet. I either go without or cheat on everything else.
99. I love the feeling of a fresh start. New year, newly organized desk, redecorated room, or a new location........LOVE IT!
100. This was much harder than I thought. I did it in spurts and it still took longer than I thought. Glad it's over! Are you tired of me talking about me yet? Me too!