Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy 11th Birthday Chickie Poo!!!!

Today Chickie Poo turned 11. I am so proud of her, though I can't believe she's that old already! She is so nurturing, a friend to all, helpful and gracious to everyone and a fun girl all around. I am so proud to be her mother.

Does anyone else seem to celebrate the birthday "week" with their kids???

First is the actual birthday and we will have the birthday kid choose their favorites for all meals. Another tradition we've started since the oldest started kindergarten is to bring them lunch from whatever easy place they want and eat lunch with them. If their birthday falls on a weekend, we do it the Friday before. Then you have the kid party. And still to come is the "family" party. We put that in quotes because we don't live near any family and we consider our close friends our family, but damn we have a lot of kids when you put us all together!

These "traditions" can be stretched out for a week depending on what time of year it is.

Chickie Poo's birthday was kept to a mere 3 days of celebrating this year.

Chickie Poo's actual birthday is today, Saturday. So she made blueberry cheesecake muffins for everyone this morning and put a candle in hers. Her birthday dinner requests were:

Flank Steak in a ginger/soy marinade
Garlic Whipped Potatoes
Green Beans
Banana Splits

She put a candle in her potatoes as well as her banana split.

Yesterday the baby and I met My Man at her school with Subway for lunch.

We had her birthday party last night with her friends. I'm planning a post about that when I have more time, and am not so tired. Again, she had a candle in her cupcake.

Tomorrow we will be watching the Bucs game with some of our "family" and eating lasagna rolls, salad, garlic cheese biscuits and cupcakes. The cupcakes are a nod to Chickie Poo turning 11. Who wants to bet she's gonna put a candle in hers????

So the last few days have been a whirlwind of cleaning, baking, cooking, shopping and a bit of craftiness thrown in. Not necessarily in that order.

My Man and Bugaboo are at the Rays game tonight. I gave Bugaboo a Faux Rays Mohawk by using blue gel to spike his hair down the middle from the front to the back. I asked My Man if he wanted one too, and he just rolled his eyes at me. He also wouldn't let me write with blue face paint on him, however he took the pencil with him :)

After I got everyone else in bed and the thirty odd cupcakes baked for tomorrow.........I got started on Halloween costumes.



I changed directions on Bunnyboo's and love how it came out. I was gonna do a ladybug tutu but couldn't bring myself to ruin the tutu (that took me 3 hours to make) by gluing dots all over it. And she wouldn't keep the wings on either. So I decided to go with the love bug thing. I plan on adding a big poofy bow to her hair as well. The leggings may be too hot, we'll see. (And obviously the tutu will be going around her waist not her head, but she's fast asleep so I could only lay the outfit out. Duh!)

My kids all seem to have a sense of humor so the boys went for funny this year.

So Boo Bear will be Sponge Bob. I'm gonna tie the sponge to the top of his head. We are deciding if we want to do anything with the square pants part. Suggestions?




Bugaboo will be painting one eye black and going as a Black Eyed Pea. Get it? He cracks himself up. Actually, I also think it's pretty funny. All it got from My Man was a eye roll, though.

I haven't started on Chickie Poo's yet because she want s something more difficult and we are still negotiating. Do you think if I stall her long enough, she'll cave? Nah, me neither.....she's 11 now ya know!

5 comments:

PinkPiddyPaws said...

black eyed p... ha..ha.ha... I get it! I get it! it's funny! :D

j said...

I have done the black eyed pea thing. Not sure if that will actually make you feel good about his choice now or not. LOVE the LoVe BuG costume. So cute!

And yes, we stretch out birthdays too. Poor Hubby doesn't understand but that is OK!

Keeper Of All Things said...

I love it!!!
Can you make me a love bug costume!!!

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Ha!! Don't listen to her BSM... keeper bites too much to qualify as a "love bug". A "love bite" maybe. ha..ha.ha..

Anonymous said...

Get started on the other coustume i would love to see it!!