Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday Yumminess: Ensalda 1905

Ensalada 1905 (picture from The Columbia webstie)
This may be my favorite salad of all time.
It's a toss up.
Get it?
Oh I kill myself.


Anyway, it's served at The Columbia Restaraunt and when a friend of mine said she had the recipe I just had to have it! They have a recipe book for sale on their website that is now on my wishlist for Mother's Day. Everything I've ever eaten there has been fantastic. Or drank. They have a white sangria that is to die for.

Ensalada 1905

Head iceberg lettuce
2 tomatoes [cut in eighths]
4 stalks celery
1 c. swiss [cut in julienne strips]
1 c. ham [cut in julienne strips]
1/2 c. green Spanish olives
4 tsp. grated Romano cheese

Toss all ingredients together EXCEPT Romano cheese.

Dressing:

1/4 c. white wine vinegar
8 cloves garlic [minced]
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 c. olive oil
S&P to taste
2 tsp. oregano
4 tsp. lemon juice

Mix garlic, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce with whisk. Add oil beating to form an emulsion. Add remaining ingredients. Toss with salad and cheese.



I could eat a big ole bowl of this and a loaf of bread for DAYS on end.
Do you have any recipes from local establishments that you were stoked to get ahold of?
Don't be greedy ~ Share!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Yes, I'll take some, thanks!

I have the Alice Springs Chicken recipe from Outback. I'll count that as local since they started here and all.