Friday, August 28, 2009

I've made the first step......

outside of my comfort zone today.

I'm not sure why I am agonizing so much over this, but I am.

I want to sell some of the things I've made. But my personality needs to take baby steps. I want to do some craft fairs, etc. but am unsure of the best way to do it all.

I've sold a few things I've made to friends. But today, I gave a few of my things to a friend to add to her beach booth to sell.


I did take pictures of the items I've cranked out the last few days and I'm posting them here to share them with my friends who have been my constant cheerleaders.


WARNING: MANY PICS TO FOLLOW!



Here's what I put out:
(the pictures fail to pick up many of the details making the dress :)


Babygirl sized pink tutu



Little girl sized Purple/White/Lt.Pink Fairy Tutu


Three crayon roll ups




Babygirl sized pillowcase dress




Babygirl sized pillowcase dress




big girl sized pillowcase dress (bad picture: blue pinstriped dress)



little girl sized pillowcase dress



big girl sized pillowcase dress




baby girl pillowcase dress


little girl sized pillowcase dress




little girl sized pillowcase dress



little girl sized pillowcase dress

Thanks to all who are so encouraging and I promise my neurotic tendencies will lessen over time.........(*at least until the next obsession)

9 comments:

Monica said...

Hey Kristy! If you want to start somewhere small, I know Blessed Trinity has a Christmas Bazzaar/Craft Fair every year and I think the cost of a table is like $20. Just thought you might like to know in case there is a possibility that you will start selling your stuff at your own table :o)

Bahama Shores Mama said...

thanks Monica! I will look into it. have you done any with your jewerly?

Monica said...

No unfortunately I haven't. Kendrick has been trying to get me to do it for the past couple of years, but I just haven't had the time to sit down and crank some out. I have a few pieces that I have made for myself but I don't think they are unique enough for people to buy. Maybe we should share a table and both get over whatever it is stopping us..haha ;o)

TheBMillers said...

Those are so cute! My friend made me a blue tutu - I got her one year pictures taken in it with some pearls.. SO sweet!

Keep up the great work!!

Barbi

Keeper Of All Things said...

Lets tie dye!!!!!!
And seriously....lets get started on those purses!!!!

Stephanie said...

Found you through Keeper of All Things! Your stuff is beautiful!!

Bahama Shores Mama said...

Thanks, ladies......I sold NADA, however, I think the location is not right for me. I need to regroup and plan.

Tami said...

You posted this 5 days ago??? Where the hell have I been?!? Love them all!!

MaryRC said...

go for it, love those dresses, my girl isnt a baby anymore otherwise i'd hit you up for one. you go gurl!